Wednesday, June 24, 2009

National Treasures team

In the past month, I went on a cruise with my mother and two aunts. That was a delight and such a wonderful memory for me. Also in the last month I rode my bike across Georgia with the Beauty Becomes You cycling team called the National Treasures. Close to 400 miles is ridden in the course of a week. Our team started 4 years ago and is recognized by our jerseys we have made yearly. They are also recognized as the true National Treasures are 60-80+ years old and they all ride the entire ride. 
My riding partner, Joe Davidson,77, to whom I am most grateful; guided me up the highest hills in North Georgia and coached me on the flats which with long miles and headwinds, believe it or not, were tougher than the hills. 
I will share the photo of the whole team as soon as I can . But, here is a typical 6 am shot of Joe and I just before we left for the 5 hour or so ride ahead! 
Join us next year. It is amazing and teaches you a lot about what you CAN DO despite the challenges. 


No comments:

Post a Comment